12th Class Chemistry Chapter 06 MCQs “Transition Elements” invites us to delve into the fascinating realm of the transition elements in the periodic table. Within this captivating chapter, we explore the unique properties, behavior, and applications of these elements.
12th Class Chemistry Chapter 06 MCQs with Answers
Prepare to embark on a journey where we unravel the secrets of the Transition Elements. We delve into the understanding of elements from Scandium to Zinc and their significant contributions to the field of chemistry.
Our exploration extends to the concept of electronic configurations and the d-block of these elements. We study their atomic and physical properties, such as atomic size, ionization energy, electronegativity, and the trends observed within the transition series.
The chapter further unveils the significance of the chemical behavior and reactivity of Transition Elements. We investigate their ability to form complex compounds, exhibit multiple oxidation states, and participate in various chemical reactions. We also explore their role as catalysts in important industrial processes.
Through practical examples, demonstrations, and real-life applications, we enhance our understanding of these elements. We analyze their applications in various fields, including medicine, materials science, and environmental technologies.
Studying “Transition Elements” in the 12th Class Chemistry curriculum nurtures critical thinking skills, analytical reasoning, and a deeper understanding of the unique characteristics of these elements. It equips us with the tools to comprehend and appreciate the complexities of Transition Elements, their compounds, and their impact on various aspects of our lives. So let us embark on this enlightening journey, where we explore the captivating realm of these elements, unraveling its secrets and expanding our understanding of the dynamic world of chemistry.
Chapter No 6 Transition element
1. What is formula of haematite choose which one is correct:
2. Which is non-typical transition elements choose which one is correct:
3. Highest oxidation state of Mn in which compound choose which one is correct:
4. The trace metal present in insulin is choose which one is correct:
5. The hybridization of Ni in [Ni(CN)4]−2ion is choose which one is correct:
6. Which of the following cation has maximum unpaired electron choose which one is correct:
7. Which is the configuration of Cr choose which one is correct:
8. The black image on an exposed and developed photographic film is composed of choose which one is correct:
9. The strength of binding energy of transition elements depend upon choose which one is correct:
- No. of ē-pair
- No. of unpaired ē
- No. of neutron
- No. of proton
10. Mild steel contain carbon choose which one is correct:
- 0.1 − 0.2%
- 0.2 − 0.7%
- 0.1 − 1.0%
11. To prevent corrosion, iron pipes carrying drinking water are covered with Zn by process called choose which one is correct:
- Alloy formation
12. No of ē-pairs accepted by the central atom in a transition metal complex is called choose which one is correct:
- Co-ordination sphere
- Co-ordination complex
- Co-ordination number
13. Group VIB of transition elements contains choose which one is correct:
- Zn, Cd, Hg
- Fe, Ru, Os
- Cr, Mo, W
- Mn, Te, Re
14. Which of the following is a typical transition metal choose which one is correct:
15. Co-ordination number of Pt in [Pt Cl(NO2)(NH3)2− 4] is choose which one is correct: